On October 24-25, the “Water & Long Term Value” conference coordinated by Skytop Strategies with the Pacific Institute as lead sponsor will bring together a prominent list of speakers and global players in water stewardship to explore the role water plays in company performance, why investors care, and how companies can benefit from stewardship. Attendees include companies such as Apple, Coca-Cola, Facebook, General Mills, Levi Strauss & Co., Intel Corporation, and Nestlé. Pacific Institute President Jason Morrison will provide an opening presentation on “Water Security: The Defining Issue of the 21st Century” and will serve as a panelist for the discussion on “Policy Outlook on Water: 2017 and Beyond” along with Lisa Hook, Sustainable Innovation Manager of Woman + Water, Gap Inc. Pacific Institute Water Program Director Heather Cooley and Research Associates Cora Kammeyer and Abbey Warner will also be participating.
Issues of water risk and security within an increasingly variable climate are becoming more and more important for the daily operations and strategic trajectory of the public and private sectors. There is a need to come together and discuss current and future practices that drive business forward with the prudent use of water resources. In addressing these issues, topics of discussion will include:
- The Integration of Centralized and Decentralized Water System Approaches
- Prudential Water Stewardship: Hedging Against Global Water Risk
- Analyzing Water Risk: How to Meaningfully Report on Water Strategies
- Investor Tools and Indexes: Benchmarking a Company’s Performance in Water Management
- Next Generation Water Management: How to Modernize Outdated Approaches to Stewardship
- The Cost of Decentralization: Putting a Price Tag on On Site Water Reuse
- From Plan to Action: Implementing Robust and Comprehensive Water Plans
- The Emergence of Integrating Water Sustainability into Business Strategy: Moving Toward a New Standard for Industry
- The Crucial Role of the Board: Conceptualizing a Company-Wide Water Policy
You may view the full conference agenda here.
The two-day conference will take place on Tuesday, October 24 and Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at the Fort Mason Center on 2 Marina Boulevard in San Francisco, California.
Those wishing to attend may register here.